Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday

Aah, Super Bowl Sunday, the big game, the culmination of the 2008 NFL season, lots of great snacks, and of course all the new commercials.
Sometimes the games end up being blowouts, but often they are very competitive and exciting, think of the Rams vs. the Titans, the Pats vs, the Rams and the Giants vs. the Pats. All of those games were worthy of the event that has become the Super Bowl.
The Steelers vs. Cowboys in the 70's were also great games and I hope for a great game today, however everyone is saying that the Cardinals will get blown out by the Steelers and I think that is a strong possibility, but
the Cards have been the underdog in every game have played in this years playoffs, and often they were supposed to be blown out.
In short I expect to watch the Steelers romp to an easy victory, but I won't be surprised if the Cards pull off a major upset. I actually would like to see a team that has never even been to the Super Bowl get the win, so I'm secretly hoping for the Cardinals to win, but I wouldn't put any money on this game.
Well only ninety minutes 'til kickoff so I'm going to take a nap and skip the pregame, which has been going on all afternoon anyway, and then hopefully watch a competitive game.
Oh yeah, my head tells me the Steelers will win by two scores, (at least 10 points) but my heart says; Cards-31 Steelers-27.

Drumcoach

No comments: