Monday, January 26, 2009

Lions new coaches

I like the way the Lions are putting their coaching staff together. Gunther Cunningham is a good addition for defensive coordinator, and Scott Linehan looks like a good choice at Offensive coordinator, even though he struggled in St. Louis. Some people are better as position coaches, or coordinators, than they are as head coaches, I think Linehan falls into that category.
The draft will still be crucial to building a winning program in Detroit. I say "Skip the QB, and go for an Offensive Lineman, then Linebacker or Defensive Back." Actually it wouldn't hurt to take a couple of linemen on either side of the ball.
I think the Lions will be better served by building the foundation at the line of scrimmage this year and add a QB next year, there will be several top QB's coming out next year and it will be better to have someone come into a team with a solid O-line and a good defense.
Jake Long wasn't the only reason for the Dolphins turnaround this past season, but he was definitely a contributing factor in their amazing success story.

Now for the Super Bowl; Go Cardinals! I do like the Steelers, and my mind tells me they will win big, but it would be a great Cinderella story to have the Cards win their first Super Bowl.

Drumcoach

No comments: